Friday, August 14, 2015

Healing with Spiritual Light--New Moon

A gathering tonight at The Friends House of Eugene (Quakers) to transfigure with light and journey, yielded this poem.

New Moon Journey



by Catt Foy

Spread my wings in a sunny meadow,
Near a seashore.
From a flower I become a dragonfly, a butterfly
Above a bluff, a gull.
Then diving down, beneath the waves,
Becoming sleek, a seal.
To flap and splash on deep blue swells.
Beneath the waves again
Then
Washed ashore, my five star-limbs
Against the sand
Abandoned by the tide
To die, I lie
And watch the setting sun.
The darkness grows,
I glow. A glowing star upon the beach,
A rising star upon the wind
With limbs a-flowing,
A growing star, a northern star
A new Polaris sparkling
In a dark and diamond sky.

--August 14, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment